Digital SLR Photography — Issue 161
WELCOME TO THE APRIL 2020 ISSUE of Digital SLR Photography. In our Technique Special we find out what spectacular sights the 2020 sky has to offer and the techniques and kit that will help you capture these mesmerising stellar sights on camera. In this month’s Photo Masterclass, we’ll share with you the fundamentals for shooting most spring subjects, creative techniques and expert advice to transform your images. Discover incredible scenery, culture and wildlife in our Photo Expedition to Namibia. The Pro Workshop heads to the idyllic Norfolk Broads for a dawn until dusk shoot. The Big Interview looks at 52 Assignments: Landscape Photography, the latest book by pro photographers Mark Bauer and Ross Hoddinott, aiming to help landscape enthusiasts take better pictures. We’ve lots of other great articles for you to enjoy, including how to create a sense of depth and warmth in your portraits by harnessing the power of foreground interest and backlighting, create a simple floral still-life that brings spring indoors, capture moody and atmospheric woodland images, and shoot professional-looking portraits with a simple lighting technique and posing advice.
- Photo Skills: Creative and practical photo techniques to try
- Photo Masterclass: The fundamentals for shooting Spring
- Photo Expedition: Lee Frost reveals the secrets of Namibia
- Reader Workshop: A Dawn to Dusk shoot on the Norfolk Broads
- The Big Interview: Ross Hoddinott talks about his latest book
- Gear: The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III tested and rated